Guest Information is located just inside the gate on the east side of the square. The following services are available at that location:
- Bank Card Machine and Check Cashing
- An ATM machine is available at the front gate, Guest Information, in the Palace Theater, on Dragon Island, and in Adventure Bay.
- Lockers can be rented to store personal items for $10/day - you get $5 back when you return the key.
- Lost & Found
- All lost items will be brought here. If you have lost an item, please check throughout the day to see if it has be found.
- First Aid
- First Aid is available at Guest Information.
- Available for $15 per day. Electric convenience vehicles are available for $45 per day. Both must be secured with a credit card. Reservations are required because our supply is limited. Please call 515-266-2121.
- Strollers can be rented at the Fire Station on the west side of the square near the Palace Theatre.
- Assistance for Guests with Disabilities
- We are pleased to assist our guests getting on or off a ride. Please do not hesitate to ask the ride operator for assistance.
- If you leave the park and wish to return the same day, please have your hand stamped at the Front Gate. You will be readmitted at no extra charge. If you wish to leave the parking lot and re-enter the same day show your parking ticket to the attendant when you return.
- Paging Not Available
- Adventureland does not have a paging system. Please arrange meeting times and places for your group.
- Ride Restrictions
Guests must be at least 54" tall to ride the SplashOver and SideWinder and 52" tall to ride the Space Shot. Guests must be at least 48" tall to ride the Inverter. Guests must be at least 42" tall to ride the G-Force, the Tornado, the Dragon, the Outlaw, Himalaya,or Falling Star, and 36" tall to ride the Raging River and Frog Hopper.
Guests, wearing an arm, hand or leg cast, or a neck brace may not ride the Tornado, the Dragon, the Outlaw, the G-Force, the Inverter, the Space Shot, the Himalaya, the SideWinder, SplashOver, Frog Hopper, the Falling Star, or any water slides in Adventure Bay.We generally do not have specific weight limits except on some kiddie rides and some of the new water slides. All riders must be able to securely fasten all required seat belts/harnesses in order to ride a particular ride. Extenders are not made available from the ride manufacturers for our rides as a safety issue. Most of the water slides have a 250-300lbs weight limit. Some rides are certainly easier for a larger person to ride. I would suggest rides with more open or bench style seating such as the Raging River, Saw Mill Splash, Sky Wheel, Sky Lift, Balloon Race, etc. Weight distribution plays a big part as well - if you are heavier in the middle, lap bars may be difficult, but over head restraints may not be an issue.
These restrictions are established for your safety and must be strictly enforced. For the benefit of our guests and our employees, we reserve the right to make the final decision with regard to the eligibility and the safety of a rider.
- Ride Closings
- Due to major ride popularity, it is necessary to close some queue lines prior to the park's closing time. Capacity limits will be observed during peak times.During severe weather, certain rides may need to close. After severe weather, rides will re-open as soon as possible. In Adventure Bay, all pools and slides will be cleared for a minimum of 30 minutes after the last observed lightening for safety. No refunds or rain checks are given.
- Security Personnel
- Stationed throughout the park. If you need help, please ask a staff member.
- Rules & Regulations
- For the safety and convenience of all of our guests, we ask that you please observe the following rules:
- Beverages (other than water) or food may not be brought into the park. A picnic area is provided just outside the Front Gate. Water can be brought into the park by guests.
- Guests are asked to wear shirts and pants, skirts, or shorts at all times. Clothing with offensive wording will not be allowed in the park.
- Guests must wear shoes to ride on all Adventureland rides. Swimwear is required for Adventure Bay attractions.
- Adventureland Park is a SMOKE FREE facility